Dark Chocolate Chipotle Cookies4 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 15 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 50 min
“Double chocolate cookie with a little after-kick!” - by newman'smom
Original recipe yields 3 dozen cookies
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt in a bowl.
- Place the chopped chocolate into a microwave-safe bowl; melt in the microwave oven at 40 percent power in 30-second intervals; stirring after each melting, until the chocolate is warm and smoothly melted, 1 to 3 minutes. Allow to cool slightly.
- In a separate large bowl, use an electric mixer to beat the butter, brown sugar, 1 1/2 cup of white sugar, cocoa powder, and chipotle pepper until smooth. Add the eggs one at a time, beating each egg into the mixture before adding the next. Beat in the vanilla extract and water.
- Mix the melted chocolate into the butter mixture. Gently stir in the flour mixture until incorporated. Mix in the chocolate chips. Cover bowl, and refrigerate dough for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Place 1/2 cup sugar in a small bowl. Roll dough into small balls. Roll balls in sugar to coat. Place the cookies onto the prepared baking sheets, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cookies are set, 12 to 14 minutes. Allow to cool on the sheets for a minute or two before removing to racks to finish cooling.
Amount Per Serving (36 total)
- 278 cal
- 15.2 g
- 35.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (4)Rate This Recipe
"Dissapointed that after all the work I put into these the cookies completely flatened out they are paper thin after baking. I wonder if baking them on tin foil vs. parchment paper would make a differ..." See moreence and I also rolled them in powdered sugar wondering if that would make a difference?"
"When making this recipe, I just use Chipotle powder, or sometimes even cayenne!..." See more"
Original NESTLE(R) TOLL HOUSE(R) Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chocolate Chip Cookies III
Just swipe to see more like this.