Lemon Cream Cupcakes9 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 15 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 35 min
“Cupcakes with a decadent surprise...cream cheese filling.” - by Tammy K
Original recipe yields 2 dozen cupcakes
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease 24 muffin cups, or line with paper muffin liners.
- Prepare the filling by beating 1/4 cup sugar, cream cheese, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, and 1 teaspoon lemon zest with an electric mixer until smooth. Scoop the filling into a pastry bag, and set aside. Whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt in a mixing bowl; set aside.
- Beat butter and 1 1/4 cups sugar with an electric mixer in a large bowl until light and fluffy. The mixture should be noticeably lighter in color. Add the eggs one at a time, allowing each egg to blend into the butter mixture before adding the next. Beat in 1/4 cup lemon juice and 2 teaspoons lemon zest with the last egg. Beat in the flour mixture, mixing until just incorporated.
- Pour the batter into prepared pans, filling the muffin cups half full. Pipe about 1 tablespoon of the filling onto the center of each cupcake, then top with the remaining batter to fill the muffin cup 3/4 full.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the tops are light golden brown, about 15 minutes. Cook completely on a wire rack.
Amount Per Serving (24 total)
- 186 cal
- 9.6 g
- 22.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (9)Rate This Recipe
"Unless the recipes is seriously altered, it is not worth the expensive ingredients. There is not enough liquid in the batter to be a cake; I scooped rather than poured it into the cups. I ended up w..." See moreith dry biscuits with little lemon taste. The meager cream cream cheese was good but could also have use more flavor."
"I am with Cybill...So not worth it. Took one bite and threw them in the trash...What a waste...just saying!..." See more"
Strawberry Cupcakes with Lemon Zest Cream Cheese Icing
Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes
Just swipe to see more like this.