Streusel Apple Coffeecake62 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 1 hr
- Ready In: 1 hr 30 min
“Wonderfully moist coffee cake with a layer of apples and streusel in the middle and more streusel on top. Very good.” - by Kris
Original recipe yields 1 - 9 or 10 inch Bundt cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a Bundt cake pan.
- To make streusel: In a medium bowl, mix brown sugar, 3/4 cup flour, and cinnamon. Cut in the butter with a fork until crumbly. Stir in walnuts.
- In a medium bowl, stir together 3 1/4 cups flour, baking powder, and baking soda. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each. Then stir in the vanilla and yogurt. Gently stir in the flour mixture just until blended.
- Pour 3 cups of the batter into the Bundt pan, sprinkle with 1/4 of the streusel, and layer with apples. Sprinkle with 1/2 the remaining streusel. Pour in the remaining batter, and top with the remaining 1/4 streusel. Lightly pat the top layer of streusel so it sticks to the cake batter.
- Bake 50 to 60 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in the pan on a wire rack 15 minutes. Place cookie sheet over pan and carefully invert both. Remove Bundt pan, and let the cake cool completely.
Amount Per Serving (16 total)
- 482 cal
- 21 g
- 68.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (62)Rate This Recipe
"This cake was wonderful--it baked up very nicely and didn't fall apart when removed from the pan. I would probably cover the "top" with foil for the last 15 min. of baking time, though, as the streus..." See moreal got a bit crunchy."
"This recipe is a 5 Star. I made it in a tube pan, bundt pan just too small. Just a couple of suggestions. First, next time I will finely dice the apples and mix into the batter and then proceed to us..." See moree the steusel in layers as directed I used a combination of lowfat sourcream, yogurt and applesauce. Excellent results. Flavor of the coffeecake is also enhanced by lemon or orange zest. For appearance I made a thin frosting and drizzled on the top. Not to much, just for effect. Once you make this recipe you will keep it near by to repeat and repeat. Thanks Kris!"
"This is a very goos cake and was thoroughly enjoyed by everyone at a recent Spring brucnh. I will warn the future bakers with a few tips: 1) This takes at least 60 minutes, if not more. I think I w..." See moreound up cooking it for almost 70 minutes because the apple section seemed gummy when I first turned the cake out of the pan. I wound up putting it back in the pan (no major feat!) and putting it back in the oven after it had cooled for the 15 minutes. 2) Put a cookie sheat under the bundt pan in the oven because the batter JUST fits and you might get a tiny spill. I am sure you could also do this with muffins, but the layering in each muffin cup might take time."
Pumpkin Apple Streusel Muffins
Apple Streusel Cobbler
Just swipe to see more like this.