Slow Cooker Cheese Steaks27 Reviews
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 4 hr 10 min
- Ready In: 4 hr 20 min
“This cheese steak recipe is not only very tasty, but it is very easy to make using a slow cooker. Enjoy!” - by mmyers168
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Place beef in the slow cooker crock. Pour beef stock, vinegar, and Worcestershire over beef. Cook on Low until beef is cooked to medium, 3-4 hours. Remove cooked beef from broth and set aside. Reserve broth.
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook mushrooms in oil until they begin to soften; add onion and green pepper. Cook and stir until vegetables are soft, about 5 minutes.
- Slice beef thinly. Divide beef and vegetables evenly among the rolls. Top each sandwich with 2 slices cheese; wrap in foil.
- Place sandwiches in preheated oven and heat until cheese is melted; about 10 minutes. Serve hot sandwiches with reserved beef broth, if desired.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 652 cal
- 33.9 g
- 32.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (27)Rate This Recipe
"I used a Swiss-American cheese slices on top of these sandwiches as that's what my favorite cheese steak food stand guy tells me to use. I also spread some garlic-butter on the rolls and toasted them ..." See moreslightly before topping them with the cheese-steak mixture. Other than that, I pretty much kept to the recipe. This is good but it's missing something. I'm not sure what it is, I'm going to make this again and play with the recipe a little."
"Very good! I definitely would read the first review from the owner of this recipe. I used a 2.6 lb trip tip steak and it was way overcooked after 4 hours. Next time I will do only 3 hours. I also ..." See moremade sure to add the 1 T of red wine vinegar that was suppose to be listed in the recipe. The white American cheese was so good on this! And definitely put two slices of cheese on each sandwich because once it melts you will want extra! Thanks for sharing a great and easy recipe!"
Make-Ahead Slow Cooker Beef Stew
Slow Cooker Macaroni and Cheese with Broccoli
Just swipe to see more like this.