Chicken Chile Spaghetti87 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 1 hr 30 min
- Ready In: 2 hr
“Top with shredded mozzarella before baking, if desired. Also an easy recipe to make in your Crock-Pot®--use no butter and add 1 cup of canned chicken broth.” - by Stephanie
Original recipe yields 10 servings
- Place whole chicken in large pot or Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 40 to 60 minutes, until tender. Remove chicken from pot, reserving broth. Skin and bone chicken; set meat aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). (For slow cooker instructions, see Cook's Note.)
- Bring chicken broth to a boil. Stir in pasta and cook 8 to 10 minutes, until al dente. Remove pasta from pot and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Cook celery, garlic, onion and bell pepper in butter until tender. Toss celery mixture with pasta, diced tomatoes and green chiles, processed cheese, sliced mushrooms and chicken meat. Place in 9x13 inch baking dish. Pour reserved chicken broth over to moisten.
- Bake in preheated oven 20 minutes, until hot and bubbly.
Amount Per Serving (10 total)
- 558 cal
- 34.2 g
- 33.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (87)Rate This Recipe
"I was looking for a crock pot recipe and stumbled across this one. EXCELLENT in the crock pot with the following modifications. I used one pound of pasta. Only cook pasta 1/2 the recommended cookin..." See moreg time on package. It will not be done yet, but will finish softening up in crock pot. Totally omitted butter. Added 2 cans of chicken broth and 1 can of cream of chicken soup to crock pot along with other ingredients. Cooked on low for 6 hours....DELICIOUS. I also used a pre-cooked rotisserie chicken from the grocery store unstead of boiling one. Thanks for sharing this one...not your normal chicken spaghetti...has a great spicy kick and very colorful for a pot luck dinner."
"My three boys and husband all loved this recipe. I did make a few changes though. They don't like celery or green pepper so I left out the celery and I used red bell pepper instead of green. I didn..." See more't use any butter and used fresh mushrooms instead of canned. I also used grated cheese instead of cubed processed cheese. With these changes everyone had thirds, and if I can get ALL my boys to agree on something you know it is a winner!!"
"My husband and I really enjoyed this recipe and it was a nice change of pace. I used fresh mushroom and added red pepper flakes when I was sauteeing the vegtables for a little extra kick. I also subs..." See moreituted mozzarella cheese for the processed cheese and the result was less creamy than I think it was intended to be. If you decide to do this, I would reduce the amount of pasta by 1/3. This was a great recipe that we will definately make again!"
Chicken Chile Verde
Chicken Spaghetti Casserole I
Just swipe to see more like this.