Oriental Style Halibut8 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 6 min
- Ready In: 21 min
“This dish is very easy to make and is low-calorie and delicious!” - by dakota kelly
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Using a very sharp knife, cut the halibut into 1 inch cubes; set aside. In a medium saucepan, combine the celery, carrots, orange juice and ginger. Bring to a boil, then stir in the halibut.
- Cover and cook over medium heat for 4 to 6 minutes or until the fish flakes easily when tested with a fork and is opaque all the way through. Using a slotted spoon, carefully transfer the halibut to a plate and set aside.
- Meanwhile, strain the can of pineapple tidbits; reserving 2 tablespoons of the juice. In a small bowl, combine the 2 tablespoons of pineapple juice, cornstarch, soy sauce, vinegar and honey. Stir into the vegetable mixture in the saucepan.
- Cook and stir until the mixture thickens and begins to gently boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes more.
- Return the halibut to the pan and add the fruit. Cover and cook about 1 minute or until heated through.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 211 cal
- 2.2 g
- 29.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (8)Rate This Recipe
"Super quick and easy recipe. I loved it and so did my family. Instead of putting in the carrots and celery I just used a bag of fresh veggies (carrots, brocoli, and sugar snap peas). Excellent and hea..." See morelthy!! Serve over rice if you aren't watching the carbs."
"This was so good! I didn't have pineapples, so I used some apple juice instead. I'll make this again. Definitely...." See more"
Kelli's Baked Halibut
Just swipe to see more like this.