Angelica's Carne Asada Tacos2 Reviews
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 25 min
- Ready In: 35 min
“Mexican night starts with carne asada--tender citrus-marinated beef piled high on corn tortillas with grilled cactus, cilantro, and 2 types of zesty salsa.” - by Herdez
Original recipe yields 5 servings
- Add uncooked carne asada to large bowl. Add garlic, salt, pepper, balsamic vinegar, 1 tablespoon of fresh lime juice, orange juice, basil leaves, honey, olive oil, 1/2 cup red onion to meat. Mix together completely and marinate 5 minutes.
- Add marinated meat to grill on medium to high heat. Brush the marinade over meat and cook until well done.
- Grill cactus on both sides medium heat, 5 minutes on each side.
- Remove meat and cactus from grill and sliced in very thin pieces.
- Warm tortillas on grill. Place warmed tortilla on plate. Add carne asada to center of tortilla.
- Add to the center, remaining red onion, cactus, cilantro, green onions, remaining 1 tablespoon of lime juice, and salsa.
- Serve with guacamole, if desired.
Amount Per Serving (5 total)
- 297 cal
- 11.6 g
- 29.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
Wes' Pork Chops with Verde Salsa
Just swipe to see more like this.