Benigna's Crab Enchiladas1 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 35 min
- Ready In: 55 min
“Turn dinner into a fiesta with tender crab enchiladas covered in spicy pepper sauce and lots of melted cheese.” - by Herdez
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat water on stove at medium temperature, add red peppers. Boil until peppers soften (about 7-10 minutes). While red peppers soften, chop onion, cilantro and mix together. Mix the two cheeses together in a bowl.
- When red peppers soften, transfer them into blender. Add 2 cups of the same boiled water, salt, and garlic to blender. Blend for 2-3 minutes. Using a bowl and a strainer, strain this mixture to remove seeds and remaining skin. Add 1 cup of HERDEZ® Salsa Casera to mixture. Mix well.
- Add grapeseed oil to skillet and heat. Soften tortillas in grapeseed oil for 10-20 sec. Set on paper towel until all tortillas are done.
- Dip tortillas into red sauce and lay on flat surface, add crab and roll. Place rolled tortillas into a 9 x 13 pan. Use remaining red sauce to cover rolled tortillas. Pour 1/2 cup of remaining HERDEZ® salsa over mixture. Sprinkle cheese over the salsa. Pour remaining 1/2 cups of HERDEZ® salsa over cheese.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. Remove from oven. Sprinkle the onion and cilantro mixture over the cheese. Drizzle the Mexican cream over mixture.
- Mix together mashed avocado, diced onions, diced tomatoes, lime juice and HERDEZ® salsa verde. Serve with guacamole, if desired.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 782 cal
- 46 g
- 60.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (1)Rate This Recipe
"Excellent flavor.......the red peppers I used were fresh and skinned.....I used flour tortillas but will try corn next time only because flour tortillas were a little gummy even tho I fried them brief..." See morely......still great taste tho........I did add bouillon cubes to the water for extra flavor and then no salt........also I used the immitation crab........will make this for company next time"
Crab and Mushroom Enchiladas
Just swipe to see more like this.