Stuffed Zucchini II2 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 40 min
- Ready In: 2 hr 10 min
“Chopped zucchini mixed with bread crumbs and herbs, and topped with a tomato salsa. Very tasty!” - by SALLYCOOKS
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- In a small bowl combine tomatoes, 3 tablespoons of basil, oil, 1 tablespoon of parsley, orange peel, lemon peel, 1/2 of the garlic, and salt and pepper to taste. Mix well and set aside for 1 hour at room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Cut the stem ends off of zucchini and slice a thin layer off the tops, lengthwise. If necessary, trim the bottoms so that the zucchini stand level; reserve trimmings. Scoop out the flesh, leaving 1/4 inch thick shells. Chop the reserved trimmings and flesh coarsely. In a large saucepan of boiling, salted water, cook the shells for 2 minutes. Drain and rinse in cold water; drain on paper towels.
- Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium heat; saute chopped zucchini for 5 minutes, or until tender. Stir in remaining parsley, basil and garlic; cook for 1 minute. Transfer to a medium bowl and stir in bread crumbs and egg. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Spoon mixture into shells and place in prepared baking dish. Pour chicken stock over zucchini.
- Cover and bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until tender. Serve with the tomato salsa.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 251 cal
- 13.9 g
- 26.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
"This recipe was sooooo good I have a lot of zucchini coming out of my garden now, and so I was looking for ways to use it when I found this recipe, and boy is it a new favorite in our house!!! My so..." See moren, who loves zucchini, devoured it, and even my daughter, who usually does not like it, ate this also; ditto for my hubby. The stuffing was perfect, and the tomato salsa so fresh and yummy and a great way to also use the summer herbs from my garden. The salsa was even good on top of our grilled chicken!! The only change I made was to add parmesan cheese to the stuffing, as well as a little extra on top. What a wonderful, delicious summer recipe!"
"Made this recipe last night for my boyfriend and myself. It was yummy and filling. We followed a suggestions and added some parmesan into the mixture and on top too. Also sprinkled a bit of mozzarella..." See more on top too- not much! The tomato salsa was great and I suggest making enough to really cover the recipe in it. Next time I try it though, I'm going to use a marinara sauce to pour over top after they come out of the over because I think that would really compliment it. The breadcrumbs just made the mixture a little dry so any added moisture would be great. Maybe even more chicken broth to add. I'll definitely make this again. It's a great meal. We ate it with a spinach salad and felt like a million bucks after!"
Nat's Shrimp and Veggie Stuffed Zucchini
Stuffed Zucchini Halves
Just swipe to see more like this.