Sour Cream Lemon Pound Cake with Cherry Compote8 Reviews
- Prep: 40 min
- Cook: 1 hr
- Ready In: 2 hr 50 min
“Super moist, refreshing dessert. I serve this at Easter or Mother's Day.” - by MVDL
Original recipe yields 1 Bundt® pan or 2 loaf cakes
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a fluted tube pan (such as a Bundt® pan) with cooking spray.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl; set aside.
- Beat the butter, 2 1/2 cups sugar, and lemon extract with an electric mixer in a large bowl until light and fluffy. The mixture should be noticeably lighter in color. Stir in the 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon lemon zest and 2 tablespoons of lemon juice; beat for 30 seconds. Add the room-temperature eggs one at a time, allowing each egg to blend into the butter mixture before adding the next.
- Mix in the flour mixture alternately with the sour cream, mixing until just incorporated. Spoon the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 1 hour. Cool the cake in the pan for 10 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, prepare the compote: combine the cherries, 1/4 cup sugar, water, and cornstarch in a saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove the compote from the heat and stir in the almond extract. Set aside.
- Combine 2 tablespoons of lemon juice with the confectioners' sugar and mix well. When the cake is completely cool, drizzle the lemon glaze over the top of the cake. Serve the cherry compote with the cake.
Amount Per Serving (16 total)
- 467 cal
- 15.8 g
- 78.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (8)Rate This Recipe
"I published this recipe - I prefer to use loaf pans, I have actually never done this in a bundt pan. The cherry compote takes this already amazing pound cake over the top! I store the compote separa..." See moretely and let it cool slightly before I serve. Enjoy!"
"Yummy! Easy to make. I served with sweetened strawberries instead of making the compote. The cake is very dense, like a pound cake should be...." See more"
Grandma's Sour Cream Pound Cake
Sour Cream Pound Cake
Just swipe to see more like this.