Mom's Rhubarb Cake2 Reviews
- Prep: 40 min
- Cook: 45 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 25 min
“There's no better way to use up rhubarb!” - by maggiecain
Original recipe yields 1 9x13-inch baking dish
- Combine 2 cups flour, brown sugar, baking powder, and salt in a bowl. With a pastry blender, cut in the margarine until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in the evaporated milk and beaten egg.
- Press the dough into the bottom and partly up the sides of a 9x13-inch baking dish. For a thicker crust, press the dough into the bottom of the pan only.
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Mix the rhubarb, gelatin mix, and 1/2 cup of white sugar. Spread the fruit over the dough. Combine the remaining 1/2 cup white sugar, 1 cup of flour, and softened butter in a bowl. Cut in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Top the rhubarb with the streusel mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the topping is golden brown and the filling is bubbly, about 45 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 398 cal
- 17.1 g
- 56.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
"Very delicious!..." See more"
Oma's Rhubarb Cake
Aunt Kaye's Rhubarb Dump Cake
Just swipe to see more like this.