Chinese Firecrackers4 Reviews
- Prep: 35 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 55 min
“These appetizers are an explosion of flavor with turkey, crisp veggies, and the zing of chili paste.” - by Becky
Original recipe yields 14 firecrackers
- Preheat an oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a baking sheet.
- Heat 1 teaspoon vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook the turkey in the skillet until no longer pink; add the cabbage, carrots, and green onions and cook together until the vegetables are all slightly tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Stir the chile paste through the vegetable mixture.
- Whisk the cornstarch into the white wine in a small bowl; add to the mixture in the skillet and continue cooking and stirring until the liquid in the skillet is slightly thickened. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Place one half sheet of phyllo dough on a flat surface, brush with a small amount of the vegetable oil, and top with a second sheet of phyllo. Place about 2 tablespoons of the turkey mixture on the short end of phyllo; shape mixture into about a four-inch log. Roll phyllo and turkey mixture. Twist the log about 1 inch from each end to make a firecracker shape; place on greased cookie sheet. Repeat with remaining phyllo and mixture until all are used. Lightly brush the firecrackers with vegetable oil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the phyllo dough is crisp and golden brown, 18 to 22 minutes. Serve with the sweet and sour sauce.
Amount Per Serving (14 total)
- 120 cal
- 4.5 g
- 15.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (4)Rate This Recipe
"These are amazing! My family and I all like them!..." See more"
Chinese Broccoli Slaw
Basic Chinese Stir Fry Vegetables
Just swipe to see more like this.