Summer Strawberry Jam11 Reviews
- Ready In: 45 min
“Red, ripe strawberries make a classic jam that brings back summer year 'round.” - by Ball® Canning & Recipes
Original recipe yields 2 (8 oz.) jars
- Prepare boiling water canner. Heat jars and lids in simmering water until ready for use. Do not boil. Set bands aside.
- Place strawberries in a 6- or 8-quart saucepan. Gradually stir in pectin. Over high heat, bring mixture to a full rolling boil that cannot be stirred down, stirring constantly.
- Add entire measure of sugar, stirring to dissolve. Return mixture to a full rolling boil. Boil hard 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Skim foam if necessary.
- Ladle hot jam into hot jars leaving 1/4 inch headspace. Wipe rim. Center lid on jar. Apply band until fit is fingertip-tight.
- Process in a boiling-water canner for 10 minutes, adjusting for altitude. Remove jars and cool. Check lids for seal after 24 hours. Lid should not flex up and down when center is pressed.
Amount Per Serving (32 total)
- 43 cal
- 0 g
- < 1%
- 11.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (11)Rate This Recipe
"LOVE this jam! This is the best recipe for beginner canners! Change the servings to 135 US and you'll get 8 (8oz) jars or 4 (16 oz) jars. The jam is sweet, spreadable, and easy to make. I'm a beginner..." See more with canning and this was my first recipe, it was easy and foolproof. Enjoy!"
"Good consistency. Make sure and reach the hard boil. It's perfectly okay to mash berries all at once. This was sweet enough because our berries were sweet. If not, I would have needed another 1/3 c..." See moreup of sugar. If you do this, premix the 1/3 cup with the pectin, adding before the first boil. It's very important to follow directions closely for jam to set properly, so don't deviate if it is your first time to make it."
"Absolutely perfect. The berries and sugar ratio was a little sweet but you come to expect that from most berry jams. Simple enough that my oldest boy and I could make this together--the directions wer..." See moree explained very well. He was quite pleased with himself. This strawberry jam recipe reminds me so much of Grandma it hurts, but it's a bittersweet hurt."
Low Sugar / No Sugar Strawberry Jam
Fresh Garden Salsa
Just swipe to see more like this.