Low Sugar / No Sugar Strawberry Jam7 Reviews
“This jam has all the fresh-fruit flavor of fresh strawberry jam but with less sugar.” - by Ball® Canning & Recipes
Original recipe yields 2 (8 oz.) jars
- Prepare waterbath canner, jars and lids according to manufacturers instructions, if preserving. Prepare and measure ingredients for recipe.
- Combine prepared fruit with fruit juice in a large saucepan. Gradually stir in Ball® RealFruit™ Low or No-Sugar Needed Pectin
- Add sugar, sugar substitute or honey, if using. Return mixture to a full rolling boil. Boil hard 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Skim foam if necessary.
- Ladle hot jam into hot jars, one at a time, leaving 1/4 inch headspace. Wipe rims. Center lids on jars. Apply bands and adjust to fingertip tight.
- Place filled jars in canner ensuring jars are covered by 1 to 2 inches of water. Place lid on canner. Bring water to gentle, steady boil.
- Process jars for 10 minutes, adjusting for altitude*. Turn off heat, remove lid and let jars stand for 5 minutes.
- Remove jars and cool. Check lids for seal after 24 hours. Lid should not flex up and down when center is pressed. Clean and store according to manufacturers instructions.
Amount Per Serving (32 total)
- 16 cal
- < 1%
- 0 g
- < 1%
- 4.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (7)Rate This Recipe
"I subtracted one teaspoon of water and added a teaspoon of pure vanilla extract. I made no other changes or substitutions. This turned out absolutely perfect. I've been wanting to try low sugar jam fo..." See morer a while now (because my family eats an obscene amount of jam) and you know, it was just as good. My oldest child said that he preferred it "less sweet"."
"so easy and great strawberry taste. I have never made jam before as I thought you needed way more berries. Not so! I will definately make this again An added note I did add the lemon juice, 2not 3 tea..." See moresp per 2 half pint batch."
Summer Strawberry Jam
Sugar Free Strawberry Jiffy Jam
Just swipe to see more like this.