Fresh Garden Salsa3 Reviews
“Turn your sweet, summer bounty of tomatoes into this classic salsa.” - by Ball® Canning & Recipes
Original recipe yields 4 pints
- Prepare boiling water canner. Heat jars and lids in simmering water until ready for use. Do not boil. Set bands aside.
- Combine all ingredients in a large saucepan.
- Heat to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes.
- Ladle hot salsa in to hot jars leaving 1/2 inch headspace. Remove air bubbles. Wipe rim. Center hot lid on jar. Apply band and adjust until fit is fingertip tight.
- Process filled jars in a boiling water canner for 15 minutes, adjusting for altitude. Remove jars and cool. Check lids for seal after 24 hours. Lid should not flex up and down when center is pressed.
Amount Per Serving (64 total)
- 5 cal
- < 1%
- 0 g
- < 1%
- 1 g
- < 1%
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (3)Rate This Recipe
"This recipe is a very good one to use for those of us that like your salsa a little hotter than just a mild salsa! I would strongly recommend that you double the recipe to make it worth your while. It..." See more has a great taste to it!!"
"Wow! This recipe is way too tangy for my taste! Be sure you measure out the tomatoes AFTER you have cored, chopped de-seeded. I used the recipe off of the Ball website and it said "7 cups or approxima..." See moretely 15 medium tomatoes". I used 19 medium tomatoes and don't think I had enough....only made 3 pint jars of salsa for me."
Summer Strawberry Jam
Dill Pickle Sandwich Slices
Just swipe to see more like this.