Overnight Eggnog French Toast21 Reviews
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 40 min
- Ready In: 50 min
“Delicious and so easy, it'll become a Christmas morning tradition! Needs no syrup. Whipped cream and sliced fruit like strawberries and bananas are great on top! Instead of eggnog, you can use whole milk and add a 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg, and a tablespoon of vanilla.” - by Tillie'sHeadCook
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Lightly grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Heat the brown sugar, butter, and corn syrup in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook and stir until the mixture begins to boil; remove the mixture from heat, and pour into the prepared baking dish. Place the bread slices atop the brown sugar mixture.
- Whisk the eggs and eggnog together in a large bowl; pour over the bread slices. Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil, and refrigerate 8 hours to overnight.
- Preheat an oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Remove the baking dish from the refrigerator.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 35 minutes. Increase heat to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C), remove the aluminum foil, and continue baking until the the top begins to brown, 5 to 7 minutes more.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 723 cal
- 29.7 g
- 95.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (21)Rate This Recipe
"I made this according to instructions, took it out of the oven after 35 mins and it wasn't even close to being done. I set the oven to 350° and put it in for another 35 mins. I put it back in to brown..." See more @375° and after 7 mins it still wasn't browned. It was still a loose when we decided to eat it. Tasted okay but the crust on the bread was really tough. If I ever make this again I'll use Texas toast but I doubt I'll ever make it again."
"This was an easy recipe to prepare. I used Texas Toast bread slices. I used 10 slices this time but will probably reduce to 8 slices next time. I cut the bread into large cubes. I did also add ext..." See morera cinnamon (1/4 tsp) and nutmeg (1/8 tsp) as I usually add more to the eggnog I buy at the store. I liked being able to prep the night before and bake in the morning. I was worried about the cooking time and did leave it in about 15 minutes longer. Next time I will take it out closer to the recommended time though as it does continue to cook after removing from oven."
Caramel French Toast
Overnight Blueberry French Toast
Just swipe to see more like this.