Easy and Delicious Mexican Pork Chops13 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 1 hr 20 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 35 min
“Easy and delicious. Tender pork chops in the best Mexican rice. A perfect weeknight meal.” - by cccindy
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Sprinkle pork chops with salt and black pepper, and brown them on both sides, about 5 minutes per side. Set chops aside.
- Mix the water, rice, tomato sauce, picante sauce, and taco seasoning in the prepared baking dish. Lay the chops into the rice mixture, and top with the green bell pepper slices. Cover the dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the chops are no longer pink inside and the rice is tender, about 1 hour. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of a chop should read 145 degrees F (63 degrees C). Uncover the dish, and sprinkle with Cheddar cheese.
- Return to the oven, and bake uncovered until the cheese is melted and bubbly, 5 to 10 more minutes.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 385 cal
- 13.5 g
- 47.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (13)Rate This Recipe
"My family really enjoyed this dish. I doubled the tomatoe sauce and used chunky medium salsa. I also doubled the cheese and added sour cream when served. I will definitely make again...." See more"
"WARNING! If you use half a cup of picante sauce, this is very spicy! I loveee spicy food, and it was almost too intense for me. If you're sensitive to spice, consider using a mild picante sauce or sal..." See moresa instead. That aside, this was a delicious, easy meal. I substituted condensed tomato soup for the tomato sauce because I realized too late we were out. I also didn't brown my chops first because they were really thin and it would've dried them out. Everything else I followed to a T. I sprinkled green onion over the cheese before serving, and added sour cream to make the heat less intense. This was so good, and my boyfriend asked me to add it to the rotation... But to make it less spicy next time due to his acid reflux ;)"
"Reminds me of different ways my mother would "bake chops" with rice, easy and tasty. I ommited the green bell pepper and exchanged with fresh Pasilla and Jalapenos. I suppose you can heat this dish up..." See more to your personal palate. A dalop of sour cream to top! Great Submission, thanks!"
Apple Pork Chops and Stuffing
Easy Caramelized Onion Pork Chops
Just swipe to see more like this.