Jalapeno Cream Cheese Chicken Enchiladas46 Reviews
- Prep: 25 min
- Cook: 1 hr 15 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 40 min
“One of my favorite local Mexican restaurants serves a dish with jalapeno cream cheese and shredded chicken that is to die for. I had been experimenting with dishes that contained those two ingredients and came up with this!! It is absolutely to die for and I get nothing but rave reviews from people who try it! Give it a whirl... I promise your taste buds won't regret it. :-)” - by baumanns
Original recipe yields 7 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Season chicken breasts with 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper, 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder, salt, and black pepper. Place into a baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the chicken is no longer pink inside and the juices run clear, about 45 minutes. Allow chicken to cool, and shred with 2 forks. Set chicken aside.
- Heat butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, and cook the onion and jalapenos until the onion is translucent, about 5 minutes; stir in the cream cheese in chunks, and allow cream cheese to melt and soften. Stir the cream cheese into the vegetables, and mix in 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper, 1 tablespoon of garlic powder, the paprika, chili powder, and cumin. Mix in the cooked chicken meat; remove from heat.
- Pour half the green enchilada sauce into the bottom of a 9x13-inch baking dish. Lay tortillas out onto a work surface, and place chicken mixture in a line down the center of each tortilla; sprinkle with about 1 tablespoon of Monterey Jack cheese per tortilla. Roll up the tortillas, and place into the sauce in the dish, seam sides down; pour the remaining sauce over the enchiladas. Sprinkle remaining 4 ounces of Monterey Jack cheese over the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the filling is hot and bubbling and the cheese has melted, 30 to 35 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (7 total)
- 583 cal
- 35.5 g
- 38.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (46)Rate This Recipe
"Amazing recipe! I made 1/2 with green sauce & other with red. Both are good, though I do enjoy the green best. The only reason I did half & half is because I only had 1 (15 oz) can of green sauce, & s..." See moreo had to improvise & use red for the other half. Very good though. I will be making this again!"
"Add what you want and make this recipe yours! I used chicken, mushrooms and spinach in the filling. I also used half green chile and red enchilada sauce. Poured it right in the pan and it actually l..." See moreooked as fabulous as it tasted. I did prefer the green sauce better but both were good. I'll try shredded beef or pork with green chili sauce and a dash of sour cream next time."
Cottage Cheese Chicken Enchiladas
Low-Fat Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas
Just swipe to see more like this.