Classic and Simple Meat Lasagna15 Reviews
- Prep: 25 min
- Cook: 1 hr
- Ready In: 1 hr 35 min
“Whole wheat noodles and lean ground beef make this tasty favorite a little lighter.” - by ccb1122
Original recipe yields 1 9x13-inch pan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil over high heat. Once the water is boiling, add the lasagna noodles a few at a time, and return to a boil. Cook the pasta uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the pasta has cooked through, but is still firm to the bite, about 10 minutes. Remove the noodles to a plate.
- Place the ground beef into a skillet over medium heat, add the garlic, garlic powder, oregano, salt, and black pepper to the skillet. Cook the meat, chopping it into small chunks as it cooks, until no longer pink, about 10 minutes. Drain excess grease.
- In a bowl, mix the cottage cheese, eggs, and Parmesan cheese until thoroughly combined.
- Place 4 noodles side by side into the bottom of a 9x13-inch baking pan; top with a layer of the tomato-basil sauce, a layer of ground beef mixture, and a layer of the cottage cheese mixture. Repeat layers twice more, ending with a layer of sauce; sprinkle top with the mozzarella cheese. Cover the dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the casserole is bubbling and the cheese has melted, about 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake until cheese has begun to brown, about 10 more minutes. Allow to stand at least 10 minutes before serving.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 501 cal
- 19.3 g
- 47.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (15)Rate This Recipe
"I am giving this 5 stars for ease alone....I didn't even cook the lasagna noodle. One layer sauce on the bottom of the pan - noodles then a layer of sauce. I assembled in the morning using homemade ..." See moreleftover sauce and put in the refrigerator. I took it out and popped it in the oven - for about 45 minutes - took the foil off and cooked an additional 10. Perfect and oh so easy. UPDATE - I made this with Johnsonville Italian sausage and it was great."
"I never know how many stars to leave when I make changes. Just for personal preference, I'd give it 4 stars because I don't care for the cottage cheese/egg layer, and leave that out. Usually when I ma..." See moreke my own lasagna I don't precook my noodles, and we prefer shredded chicken over ground beef. Other than that, this is pretty close to how I make mine! I probably use more cheese, and sometimes cheddar in addition to the mozzarella. For variety, if we have veggies that need to be used I might add sliced zucchini and/or spinach as well. But this recipe is a good, solid, simple lasagna, and you should try it!"
Alysia's Basic Meat Lasagna
Mexican Lasagna Rollups
Just swipe to see more like this.