SuzyQ's Elegant Cheesecake1 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 1 hr 40 min
- Ready In: 11 hr 10 min
“The trick to this cheesecake is the baking time. Time consuming, but this recipe has never failed me!” - by SuzyQ
Original recipe yields 1 9-inch cheesecake
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Mix the graham cracker crumbs, butter, 1/4 cup of sugar, and flour together in a bowl; press into the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan.
- Bake the crust until lightly browned, about 8 minutes; allow to cool in the pan. Raise the oven temperature to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese with 1 3/4 cup of sugar, lemon peel, lemon juice, and vanilla extract until thoroughly combined. Beat in the eggs and egg yolks, one at a time, until the filling is free of lumps; gently fold in the whipped cream.
- Bake in the 450-degree oven for 12 minutes, then reduce oven heat to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C). Bake until set, about 1 1/2 hours. Remove the cheesecake gently and carefully from the oven, and allow to cool to room temperature while still in pan; refrigerate overnight. Release the pan and gently remove to slice and serve the cheesecake.
Amount Per Serving (16 total)
- 510 cal
- 36.6 g
- 38.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (1)Rate This Recipe
"Wonderful cheesecake! I would have given this 5 stars, but I don't think you need to pre-bake the crust - my crust turned out a bit overcooked. Also, when I got to the point of the recipe to add the h..." See moreeavy whipping cream - I wasn't sure if I was supposed to be using whipped cream or heavy whipping cream. I had purchased heavy whipping cream because of the ingredient list so that is what I used. I was a little worried during the cooking process as well, as the cheesecake was browning very early on. I left it in for the entire time as directed and it came out really nice. It did crack around the edge but I didn't care as it tastes very nice with the hint of lemon. I appreciate it is not a very rich cheesecake - it is on the lighter side by cheesecake standards. Thanks for sharing!"
Caramel Macchiato Cheesecake
Orange Chocolate Swirl Cheesecake
Just swipe to see more like this.