Chocolate Ganache S'mores6 Reviews
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 15 min
“A scrumptious oven baked dessert to bring on the taste of those yummy campfire graham cracker, chocolate, marshmallow s'mores!” - by Spence Ohana
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Combine the graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, sugar, and cinnamon in a mixing bowl. Mix until evenly moistened, then press into the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Bake in the preheated oven until the crust is lightly browned and smells toasted, about 5 minutes.
- Place the chocolate into a medium bowl. Heat the cream in a small sauce pan over medium heat. Bring just to a boil. When the cream has come to a boil, remove from the heat immediately and pour over the chocolate chips; whisk until smooth. Stir in the optional rum. Pour evenly over the graham cracker layer.
- Preheat the oven's broiler and set the oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source.
- Place an even layer of marshmallows on top of the chocolate. Broil until the marshmallows are lightly toasted, about 1 minute. Refrigerate until chocolate has hardened, about 45 minutes. Cut into bars using a pizza cutter sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 400 cal
- 22.2 g
- 50.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (6)Rate This Recipe
"This is a very good recipe! But be very CAUTIOUS when putting the marshmallows under the broiler! Mine had 45 seconds left of the minute that was re amended with the broiler on low and six inches from..." See more it. I opened the oven too see how it was and the marshmallows were on fire! Just keep an eye on it at all times. Other than that it's very good."
House of Aqua
"This was a pretty good recipe, however, I highly recommend using mini marshmallows instead of large marshmallows. The mini marshmallows brown less quickly and more evenly and they are also easier to c..." See moreut as they are more in proportion with the size of the bar. I set my broiler on low heat and it took about 5-6 minutes until they were lightly browned. I set mine in the freezer until cold and stored it in the refrigerator between servings. The ganache filling is gooey, so refrigeration or freezing helps for it to set before eating."
"Teenagers (6 of them; 15-19 years old) rated this 10 stars. I didn't taste it - it looked like a cavity in the making and I don't like marshmallows. They ate the 13X9 tray in an hour. Not kidding! I ..." See moreused different sizes of marshmallows because I thought that would make it visually interesting. DO NOT TAKE YOUR EYES OFF IT when it is under the broiler. 1 minute is too long to brown marshmallows. Re-reading recipe today, I realized I forgot the cinnamon. Did not matter to the boys. Good, fun, recipe! Thanks and I took two pix to document it!"
Strawberry-Chocolate Mini Cupcakes with White Chocolate Ganache
Just swipe to see more like this.