PBJ Cupcakes - Berry Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting12 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 15 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 30 min
“A simple cupcake batter with strawberry extract and raspberry jam whisked in and peanut butter frosting. Made this for my very picky sister as an afternoon snack and she loved it! Great for kids, adults... anyone!” - by rapunzelbing
Original recipe yields 12 cupcakes
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a 12 cup muffin pan with paper baking cups. Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl.
- Beat the butter and sugar with an electric mixer in a large bowl until fluffy, about 1 to 2 minutes. Add the egg and strawberry extract, continue beating. Beat in the milk and buttermilk, then beat in the jam. The batter should be pink.
- Stir in 1/3 of the flour mixture, mixing until just incorporated. Stir in 1/2 of the remaining flour and then add the remaining flour; mixing just enough to evenly combine. Pour the batter into prepared baking cups.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes clean, about 15 to 20 minutes. Cool before frosting.
- Beat the peanut butter and butter until smooth in a large bowl. Mix in 2 cups of the confectioners' sugar, 1/4 cup at a time; then stir in 1/4 cup milk. Gradually add the remaining 2 cups of sugar. If the frosting is too dry add a tablespoon of milk. Frost the tops of the cooled cupcakes.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 480 cal
- 17.9 g
- 76.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (12)Rate This Recipe
"What a delicious cupcake! Very moist and soft. I didn't have strawberry extract so I just used vanilla. I found some delicious homemade strawberry jam at the farmer's market and used that instead of r..." See moreaspberry jam. Instead of beating the jam into the batter, I folded 1/4 cup in before placing into the cupcake pan. This way it it has streaks of jam running through. After baking, i took a knife and took a little hole out of the middle then I warmed up the other 1/4 cup of jam for 10 seconds in the microwave and filled each cupcake. My peanut butter frosting I used 1/2 cup butter, 1 1/4 cup peanut butter, 1 1/2 cup pwd sugar, and 3 tbsp of heavy whipping cream."
"frosting was great!! cupcake... eh.... is the best I can say. not horrible but not as sweet as I would like..." See more"
Peanut Butter Frosting
Peanut Butter Cupcakes
Just swipe to see more like this.