My Favorite Beet Salad12 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 1 hr
- Ready In: 1 hr 30 min
“Fresh roasted beets over a bed of baby spinach with tomatoes, avocados, onions and feta cheese drizzled with a balsamic dressing. You can cut this recipe in half for 4 servings, though it so good the next day too that I always make plenty.” - by monkeydoo3
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Place the beets into a large bowl, and drizzle with 1/4 cup olive oil, salt, and black pepper. Lay out 2 large squares of aluminum foil on a work surface, and place 3 beets onto the center of each sheet. Fold the aluminum foil into 2 envelopes, sealing the beets into the packets; place the packets into a baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until tender, 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Check for tenderness after 1 hour by piercing a beet with a fork. Open the foil, and allow the beets to cool until they can be handled; peel, and slice.
- Lay out the spinach leaves on an attractive oblong-shaped serving platter. Sprinkle pieces of tomato and avocado over the spinach leaves, and top with chopped red onion. Lay the sliced warm beets over the salad, and top with crumbled feta cheese.
- Whisk together balsamic vinegar, 1/2 cup of olive oil, and Dijon mustard until smooth; pour over the salad to serve.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 413 cal
- 31.9 g
- 28.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (12)Rate This Recipe
"Saw that I had some beets ready in the garden today, so I used this recipe I had saved. I scaled it down to make 2 servings and it turned out great! Both hubby and I loved it. Nice balance of sweetnes..." See mores from the beets, tangyness from the dressing and saltiness from the feta."
"This salad was an easy weeknight addition to our menu. I used store bought roasted beets and arugula instead of spinach. You don't need to use all the dressing in this serving, but save it for another..." See more salad later in the week."
Beet and Arugula Salad
Roasted Beet, Avocado and Pistachio Salad
Just swipe to see more like this.