Jen's Chorizo Pasta19 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 50 min
“Spicy chorizo sausage served with a delectable cream sauce over pasta.” - by Jen
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat, and lightly oil the grate.
- Cook the sausages on the preheated grill, turning occasionally, until no longer pink in the center, about 10 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 160 degrees F (70 degrees C). Cut into bite sized pieces; set aside.
- Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil over high heat. Once the water is boiling, stir in the penne, and return to a boil. Cook the pasta uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the pasta has cooked through, but is still firm to the bite, about 11 minutes. Drain well in a colander set in the sink.
- Meanwhile, melt 1 cup of butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the garlic, and cook until softened and fragrant, about 5 minutes. Stir in the cream and red pepper flakes; bring to a simmer over medium-high heat, and whisk in the Parmesan cheese until melted. Keep warm over low heat, stirring occasionally to keep smooth.
- Melt the remaining 1 tablespoon of butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in the onion, red bell pepper, and mushrooms. Cook and stir until the vegetables are tender. Once tender, stir in the chorizo pieces, and cook until hot. Combine with the penne pasta and Parmesan cream sauce to serve.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 1200 cal
- 88.8 g
- 62.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (19)Rate This Recipe
"This was an awesome pasta.. But I changed the recipe some what. I bought the chorizo from the meat market down the street. I didn't grill it because chorizo has so much flavor I didn't want to loose i..." See moret and you will with grilling, so I steamed/water boiled it in a pan. When I pulled the sausage out of the pan I kept all the grease in there and sauteed the onions, bell pepper and mushrooms in the grease.. I didn't use the extra 1 tablespoon butter. It was great! :) My husband really loved it too."
"Awesome!!! The only thing I changed was sauteing the onion and garlic then adding the rest of the veggies followed by the cream and cheese. It was amazing!!!!..." See more"
"This was really good. My family and I really enjoyed it. I used Portuguese Chourico links and instead of grilling them I just sauteed them in a pan with the onion and pepper. I also left out the mushr..." See moreooms because we are not mushroom eating people. Will certainly make this again. Thanks Jen."
Asparagus, Chicken, and Pecan Pasta
Pork Meatballs and Spinach Pasta
Just swipe to see more like this.