Chili Macaroni Casserole27 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 55 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 10 min
“This is a delicious layered dish of chili and macaroni and cheese, topped with tortilla chips and cheese for a nice crunch. Serve with a dollop of sour cream. My family loves it!” - by Beth71
Original recipe yields 1 10x15-inch casserole
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil over high heat. Once the water is boiling, stir in the macaroni, and return to a boil. Cook the pasta uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the pasta has cooked through, but is still firm to the bite, about 8 minutes. Drain well in a colander set in the sink.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook and stir the ground beef with onion until the meat is browned, about 10 minutes. Break the meat up into crumbles as it cooks; drain excess grease. Mix in the tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, corn, kidney beans, taco seasoning, and chili seasoning; bring to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer, and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 20 minutes.
- Whisk the Cheddar cheese soup and milk in a saucepan until smooth, and bring to a simmer over medium-low heat. Whisk in 1 cup of shredded Cheddar cheese, 1/2 cup of sour cream, and garlic powder; season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Arrange the cooked macaroni into the bottom of a 10x15-inch baking dish, and mix with the soup mixture. Pour the ground beef chili over the macaroni, and sprinkle with 1 more cup shredded Cheddar cheese and crushed tortilla chips.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the casserole is hot and bubbling and the cheese topping has melted, 20 to 30 minutes. Serve topped with dollops of sour cream.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 539 cal
- 22.8 g
- 53.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (27)Rate This Recipe
"I only had one pound of ground beef to work with. What I did was throw in some chopped veggies to fill it out a bit--chopped fresh onion, chopped fresh minced garlic, chopped fresh red pepper and cube..." See mored fresh zucchini. I did use homemade taco seasoning/chili seasoning. I did not add the additional salt as condensed soup can be quite salty on it's own. My family enjoyed this casserole, all of the boys asked for seconds. I'd make this again."
"This was so easy to make and worked well with our crazy schedule. I made ahead and my kids heated it up when they came home from practices. I gave it 4 stars instead of 5 because the heat was too much..." See more for my 2 younger kids. My older kids and husband were fine. The sour cream helped cut the heat some. I will make again, however I will use half of the suggested seasoning. Thanks for sharing this delicious easy recipe!"
"The entire family loved it. Instead of adding shredded cheese to the cheese sauce I used 8 oz. Velveeta. Instead of baking it, I microwaved it for 6 minutes then added the tortilla chips to each per..." See moreson's serving so the chips would not get soggy on the leftovers. I also poured most of it in a 9x13 pan and the rest in a 8x8 pan to be used later. Nobody mind eating the leftovers! Now that says something!"
Cheesy Macaroni and Beef Casserole with Thyme
Just swipe to see more like this.