Sticky Buns26 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 40 min
“Yum! What can be better than a hot sticky bun for breakfast or a late night snack? Pop one into the microwave for a few seconds to make them taste fresh from the oven.” - by MARBALET
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Combine the yeast mixture with the buttermilk, eggs, 2 1/2 cups flour, 1/4 cup softened butter, 1/4 cup sugar, baking powder and salt; stir well to combine. Stir in the remaining flour, 1/2 cup at a time, beating well after each addition. Dough should remain soft and slightly sticky. When the dough has pulled together, turn it out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic, about 8 minutes.
- Divide dough in half and roll each half into a 12x7 inch rectangle. Spread each half with 1 tablespoon softened butter and sprinkle with 1/4 cup sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Roll up halves, beginning at wide side. Seal well by pinching the seams. Cut each roll into 12 slices.
- Coat two 9 inch round cake pans each with 1/4 cup melted butter, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 2 tablespoons raisins and 1/2 cup chopped pecans. Place 12 dough slices in each pan, leaving a small space between slices. Cover and let rise until doubled.
- Bake in a preheated oven for about 30 minutes. Invert pans onto plates and serve.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 488 cal
- 19.5 g
- 70.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (26)Rate This Recipe
"Wow!!! This is a great recipe! The dough is so easy to work with - I didn't change a thing. It's basically a cinnamon roll if you don't add the nuts/raisns/melted butter& brown sugar in the bottom ..." See moreof the pan. If you do, then it's a sticky bun. I doubled the mixture for the inside and I doubled the "sticky bun" bottom of the pan mixture. The rising part takes about 3-4 hours, so cover these with a dish cloth and be patient. While these were baking in the oven I made an icing as if these need any more sweetness, but I just couldn't resist because I was sending these to work with my husband : 3 oz. cream cheese softened, 1 Tbsp butter softened or butter flavored shortening, 1 & 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar, 1/2 tsp. vanilla, 2 Tbsp. milk. Add all the ingredients together and add the milk gradually untill you get the desired consistency. Spread the icing over the sticky buns or cinnamons rolls while they are still warm."
"I have made these 3 times within 1 week! They are so good! The dough is easy to work with and makes for a very tender roll...only change I made is extra butter and brown sugar to make more gooey stuff..." See more. "
"This really is a light sweet dough, just a little "biscuity" texture I'm guessing from the all-purp. flour. Took about 3 hours from start to finish cause I let it rise plenty. Very easy dough to work ..." See morewith; I just topped them with Pillsbury Whipped White icing. I also had enough dough left over to make a dozen "cinnamon knots" which only had to bake 10 minutes. Delicious! Next time I will probably double the filling!"
Sticky Monkey Brains
Bubbling Bread Sticky Buns
Just swipe to see more like this.