Traveling Oven-Barbecued Baby Back Ribs3 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 1 hr 45 min
- Ready In: 10 hr
“I fixed these ribs for the 4th of July. My son-in-law did not have to brave the heat to barbecue (which he greatly appreciated), and my kitchen was cooled off by the time I returned home after our celebration. Putting the ribs in the already heated slow cooker kept them nice and warm on my 20-minute drive.” - by New Orleans Gal
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Cut the racks of ribs into serving sizes of 2 to 3 ribs. Sprinkle with steak seasoning, and place into a resealable plastic bag; refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Mix the ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, and honey barbecue sauce in a bowl, and stir to combine. Place the ribs, bone sides down, in a single layer in a large roasting pan. Place slices of onion on the ribs; cover the pan with foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until ribs are cooked through, about 1 hour. Drain off excess fat.
- Pick the onion slices from the ribs, and place them into the bottom of a slow cooker. Top the ribs in the roasting pan with the barbecue sauce mixture, reserving 1/2 cup. Pour the reserved half-cup of barbecue sauce mix over the onions in the slow cooker, and set the cooker to Low. Return the ribs to the oven and bake until tender, an additional 45 minutes, basting several times with sauce.
- Remove the ribs from the roasting pan and gently place into the slow cooker; pour in sauce. Either serve immediately, or cover the cooker for transporting ribs.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 462 cal
- 29.5 g
- 24.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (3)Rate This Recipe
"Absolutely wonderful. Great flavor. Super Tender. I used Country Ribs instead of Baby Back, but still was great...." See more"
"I used baby back ribs and cooked for about 7 hours in the slow cooker. They were easy to make and I thought the sauce had a nice flavor. I did have a lot of sauce left in the crock pot. Next time I..." See more may stick them on the grill or in the oven on broil for a few minutes to bake the sauce."
Baby Back Ribs
Mahogany Grilled Baby Back Ribs
Just swipe to see more like this.