Patriotic Fruit Pizza5 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 10 min
- Ready In: 1 hr
“This is a fun recipe for the 4th of July holiday! Fresh fruit is a hit on desserts during the summer months! Making this dessert is as fun as eating it! This recipe feeds a lot, but the leftovers are only good a day or two.” - by Marcy R.
Original recipe yields 1 12x17 inch pizza
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Whisk the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt in a bowl.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash the vegetable shortening and margarine together until thoroughly combined, and beat in 1 1/2 cup of sugar, eggs, and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract. Mix in the flour mixture to make a workable dough, and spread the dough out in a rectangle shape onto an ungreased 12x17 inch baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until very lightly browned, 8 to 10 minutes. Allow to cool completely.
- While the cookie base is cooling, mash the cream cheese with 1 cup of sugar and 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract in a bowl until smooth. Place sliced bananas in a bowl, and gently toss with lemon juice to prevent browning.
- To decorate the pizza, spread the cream cheese filling all over the cookie base in an even, smooth layer. Place the blueberries in a square in neat, closely-spaced rows, in the left upper corner for blue stars. Arrange alternating stripes of white bananas and red strawberry slices across the pizza. Refrigerate leftovers.
Amount Per Serving (35 total)
- 207 cal
- 10.4 g
- 26.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (5)Rate This Recipe
"BEST DESSERT EVER!! Huge family hit! A new favorite for the holidays!!! Here's a tip: We only had 1 package of cream cheese, so we used 1/2 a can of Reddi Whip instead and it was awesome!! Made it ver..." See morey creamy but not too thick!!"
Mrs. Chef Esh
"I was so glad to find this recipe; it was perfect for our 4th of July picnic! I got some really great local fresh grown strawberries, blue berries, and I also used some fresh raspberries at a local f..." See morearmers stand along one of our back roads in Lancaster, PA. I liked that this was a completely made from scratch recipe, instead of using ‘boxed’ sugar cookies. My only change was that I used 1 cup of unsalted butter instead of ½ cup shortening and ½ cup butter. It turned out perfect, and it looks so impressive, but was really quite easy!"
"The sugar cookie crust was delicious and easy. I was surprised how well tossing the banana slices in lemon juice kept them. We still have some fruit pizza left in the fridge 3 days later and the ban..." See moreanas STILL haven't turned!!! It was a big hit at our 4th of July BBQ. I will definitely be keeping this recipe :)"
Fruit Pizza I
Fruit Pizza III
Just swipe to see more like this.