Rocky Road Bars from Crisco® Baking Sticks2 Reviews
- Prep: 35 min
- Cook: 25 min
- Ready In: 1 hr
“Enjoy all of the chocolate, peanut, and marshmallow flavor of rocky road ice cream, baked into a cookie bar.” - by Crisco Baking Sticks®
Original recipe yields 3 dozen cookies
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 13 x 9-inch pan with no-stick cooking spray.
- Combine shortening and unsweetened chocolate in microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on MEDIUM (50% power). Stir after 1 minute. Repeat at 1 minute intervals until mixture can be stirred until smooth. Stir in granulated sugar. Stir in eggs, one at a time, and vanilla.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in medium bowl. Gradually stir into chocolate mixture. Spread into prepared pan.
- Bake 30 minutes, or until set.
- Topping: Begin preparing topping during last 5 minutes of the bake time for cake. Combine shortening and unsweetened chocolate in microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on MEDIUM (50% power). Stir after 1 minute. Repeat for 1 minute intervals until mixture can be stirred until smooth.
- Transfer to bowl of electric mixer. Add evaporated milk and granulated sugar. Beat at low speed until well blended. Add powdered sugar and vanilla. Beat until blended.
- Sprinkle marshmallows over hot cake layer. Pour prepared chocolate topping over marshmallows. Drop peanut butter by teaspoonfuls on top of hot chocolate topping. Swirl together using tip of knife. Cover pan immediately with foil. Cool in pan on cooling rack. Cut into 2 x 1 1/2-inch bars.
Amount Per Serving (36 total)
- 188 cal
- 8.8 g
- 26.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
Chewy Brownie Cookies from Crisco(R) Baking Sticks
Almond Cookies from Crisco Baking Sticks(R)
Just swipe to see more like this.