Chocolate Carmelita Bars1 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 34 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 4 min
“No one can resist these crunchy oat bars, topped with chocolate chips, chopped nuts, and creamy caramel syrup.” - by Crisco Baking Sticks®
Original recipe yields 3 dozen cookies
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 13 x 9-inch pan with no-stick cooking spray.
- Combine oats, 1 1/2 cups flour, brown sugar, shortening, water, baking soda and salt in large bowl; stir with spoon until well blended. Reserve 1 cup. Press remaining into bottom of prepared pan.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until light brown. Remove pan to cooling rack. Cool 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with nuts and chocolate chips.
- Combine caramel topping and remaining 1/4 cup flour. Stir until smooth. Drizzle over chocolate chips to within 1/4 inch of pan edges. Sprinkle with reserved oat mixture.
- Return to oven. Bake 18 to 22 minutes or until golden brown. Loosen from sides of pan with knife. Remove pan to cooling rack to cool. Cool completely.
- Cut into bars about 2 x 1 1/2 inches.
Amount Per Serving (36 total)
- 157 cal
- 7.9 g
- 20.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (1)Rate This Recipe
"Turned out very dry and crumbly - bottom was hard after it cooled. I think it will be good sprinkled over ice cream - not so good as bars...." See more"
Butter Toffee Chocolate Chip Crunch Cookies
Caramel Oatmeal Bars
Just swipe to see more like this.