Black Forest Oatmeal Cookies12 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 10 min
- Ready In: 30 min
“Oatmeal cookies are made extra-special with the addition of chocolate chunks, cherries, and sliced almonds.” - by Crisco Baking Sticks®
Original recipe yields 3 dozen cookies
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine shortening, brown sugar, sugar, eggs and vanilla in bowl of electric mixer; beat at medium speed until well blended.
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt and baking powder in medium bowl; add to shortening mixture at low speed until well blended. Stir in with spoon, one at a time, oats, white chocolate, semisweet chocolate, cherries and nuts.
- Drop rounded tablespoonfuls of dough 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until set. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheets; transfer to cooling rack to cool completely.
Amount Per Serving (36 total)
- 210 cal
- 9.6 g
- 28.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (12)Rate This Recipe
"I’m telling you, Crisco puts out some darned good cookie recipes! This is the second one I’ve tried recently and it is yet another that hit it out of the ball park! And for once, Hubs and I both agr..." See moreeed on five stars. This does, in fact, have all the characteristics of Black Forest Cake – dark chocolate, creamy white chocolate and sweet-tart cherries - with the added crunch of almonds (I used chopped rather than sliced). They are at once gooey, chewy, crispy, and creamy. The richest, most decadent oatmeal cookie you’ll ever eat."
"These were VERY good. You can use chips if you don't feel like chopping chocolate, but I like the chunks- they go better with the cookie, I think. Big hit at the office...." See more"
"YOU HAVE TO TRY THESE!!! I had to improvise because I didn't have everything, but these are AMAZING cookies. I used dried cranberries instead of cherries, chopped walnuts instead of almonds, and 1/2 c..." See moreup of butter with 1/2 cup of crisco because I didn't have butter flavored crisco. I used 6 ounces of milk chocolate chips because I didn't have the semisweet bar."
Cranberry Walnut Oatmeal Cookies
Caramel Oatmeal Bars
Just swipe to see more like this.