Frosted Orange Chiffon Cake3 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 25 min
- Ready In: 45 min
“Fresh orange zest and juice give this delightfully light cake a homemade flavor.” - by Crisco Baking Sticks®
Original recipe yields 1 cake
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray two 8-inch round cake pans with flour no-stick cooking spray.
- Beat egg whites with 1/3 cup sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer until thick and glossy but not stiff. Transfer to another bowl.
- Combine cake flour, remaining 1 cup sugar, baking powder and salt in large bowl. Add orange peel, orange juice, milk, oil and egg yolks. Beat at medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bottom and sides of bowl often. Fold egg whites into batter until well blended. Pour evenly into prepared pans.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until center springs back when touched lightly and wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes. Remove from pans; cool completely.
- Beat powdered sugar, shortening and orange peel in a large bowl with an electric mixer until smooth. Add orange juice gradually, beating until desired consistency. Add more juice as needed.
- Place one cake layer top side down onto serving dish. Spread top of with frosting. Top with second layer. Frost sides and top of cake.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 455 cal
- 14.4 g
- 81 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (3)Rate This Recipe
"Though the frosting came out more like an icing, it was still delish! I'm definitely making these again!..." See more"
Easter Bunny Cake
Lemon Yogurt Pound Cake with Lemon Glaze
Just swipe to see more like this.