Cocoa Ripple Cake1 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 50 min
- Ready In: 2 hr
“Ribbons of chocolate and chopped walnuts are layered in this sweet cake with a rich chocolate glaze.” - by Crisco Baking Sticks®
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 10-inch fluted tube pan with no-stick cooking spray.
- Combine sugar and shortening in large bowl; beat at medium speed until fluffy. Add eggs; beat well.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in medium bowl. Add to shortening mixture alternately with milk, beating until smooth after each addition. Spoon about 2 cups batter into prepared pan.
- Combine hot chocolate mix and walnuts; sprinkle half of mixture over batter in pan. Repeat layers, ending with batter.
- Bake 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack 10 minutes. Remove from pan. Remove to wire rack to cool completely.
- Transfer cake to serving plate. Drizzle with Chocolate Glaze or sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Chocolate Glaze: Cook and stir baking chocolate and shortening in heavy small saucepan over low heat just until melted. Remove from heat; stir in powdered sugar and 2 tablespoons hot water. Stir in additional hot water, if necessary, 1/2 teaspoon at a time, until glaze is smooth and of drizzling consistency. Makes about 1/2 cup.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 523 cal
- 26.1 g
- 65.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (1)Rate This Recipe
"Delicious! Even though I overbaked it, it didn't dry out! The chocolate inside was a great idea, gave it a pretty design and tastes yummy. I did not use the Chocolate Glaze, I sprinkled with powdered ..." See moresugar (which was the other suggestion) and I did not use Crisco Baking Sticks, I used margarine instead. Thanks for the recipe, tastes great."
Chocolate-Mint Brownie Cookies
Chocolate Crackled Cookies
Just swipe to see more like this.