Gil's Brioche French Toast12 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 15 min
- Ready In: 35 min
“Brioche French toast with homemade strawberry sauce and homemade whip cream, topped with fresh strawberries.” - by Charles Gilbert, STL, MO
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Place a metal mixing bowl and beaters from an electric mixer into the freezer to chill. Trim the end crusts from the brioche bread, and slice the loaf in half; cut each half in half again (4 pieces), and cut each quarter in half to total 8 pieces of brioche.
- Place 2 cups of strawberries and the water into a saucepan over medium-high heat; cover the pan, and bring to a simmer. Gently steam the berries until they release their juice, about 5 minutes.
- Beat 1 cup of heavy cream, vanilla extract, and confectioners' sugar together with electric mixer in chilled metal bowl with the chilled beaters until the cream forms soft peaks; set aside.
- Whisk the eggs and remaining 1 cup cream together in a large bowl, and place the bread pieces into the mixture, spooning the cream over the bread to coat. Allow to stand for 5 minutes.
- Heat the butter in a skillet over medium heat until fragrant, and lay the coated brioche pieces into the skillet. Cook until the French toast is golden brown, about 3 minutes per side.
- To serve, place 2 pieces of French toast onto a plate, overlapping slightly. Ladle cooked strawberries and their juice over the French toast, and top with a generous dollop of whipped cream. Top the cream with several fresh strawberries.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 1008 cal
- 72.8 g
- 67.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (12)Rate This Recipe
"I really liked this recipe. Loved using Brioche to make french toast. I used the Brioche recipe on this site for the brioche. My only complaint about this recipe is that the strawberries need some sug..." See morear. I suppose it depends on how sweet your berries are, mine were sweet but not enough. And I ended up thickening the berries with about 2 teaspoons of cornstarch. Thanks for the recipe I will be making this again."
"Yum, yum, yum, yum, yum! This was easy and delicious. I used the brioche recipe on this site to go with this and it was the best french toast ever!..." See more"
Strawberry Cheesecake French Toast
Orange Marmalade French Toast Casserole
Just swipe to see more like this.