Greek Island Chicken Shish Kebabs16 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 10 min
- Ready In: 2 hr 30 min
“This is a nice change from the ordinary grilled chicken. This is excellent served with pita bread, a garlicky tzatziki, and a Greek salad. Lamb can be substituted for the chicken, and many variations on vegetables can be used.” - by Dolce Cuoco
Original recipe yields 6 skewers
- Whisk the olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar, garlic, cumin, oregano, thyme, salt, and black pepper together in a large glass or ceramic bowl. Add the chicken and toss to evenly coat. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap; marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Soak wooden skewers in water for about 30 minutes before use.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat; lightly oil the grate.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and shake off excess liquid. Discard the remaining marinade. Alternately thread pieces of the marinated chicken with pieces of bell pepper, onion, cherry tomatoes, and mushrooms onto the skewers.
- Cook the skewers on the preheated grill, turning frequently until nicely browned on all sides, and the chicken is no longer pink in the center, about 10 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 290 cal
- 13.1 g
- 9.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (16)Rate This Recipe
"I just wrote thyme in my original post, not dried, I always use fresh.... If you are using dried make sure it is good quality thyme or you will end up with it leaving a bitter taste in your mouth! If ..." See moreyou don't like thyme just leave it out or try marjoram or savory instead....the cumin in it gives it that something extra.... I originally got this recipe from a friend who lives in the Greek Islands...For some reason the recipe only says 1/4 cup olive oil, I use 1/2 a cup or even amounts of oil to lemon and vinegar (my friend just uses lemon juice in the original recipe no vinegar, she uses 2 cups of olive oil to 1 cup of fresh lemon juice)"
"Awesome! My new favorite Greek recipe for summer. I used mushroom, zucchini, onion and red pepper. The tomatoes I stuffed with a blend of feta, roasted garlic and basil, and served as an appatizer. ..." See moreI also de-kabobed them and sprinkled with feta, everything better with cheese! the flavors of the marinade are so amazing they should be brushed on everything."
Shish Tawook Grilled Chicken
Greek Chicken Pitas
Just swipe to see more like this.