Fantastic Chicken Burgers28 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 10 min
- Ready In: 25 min
“My friend invented this recipe and it was so fantastic I had to share! The flavor is incredible!” - by TOZENUF
Original recipe yields 4 burgers
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat, and lightly oil the grate.
- In a bowl, mix together the ground chicken, guacamole seasoning, half the cilantro, lime juice, and minced onion until thoroughly combined. Form the chicken mixture into 4 patties. Reserve the other half of the cilantro for garnish.
- Grill the chicken burgers on the preheated grill until the meat is no longer pink inside, the juices run clear, and the burgers show browned grill marks, 5 to 8 minutes per side.
- About 2 minutes before burgers are done, place slices of ciabatta bread onto the grill to toast, about 1 minute per side. About 1 minute before the burgers are done, top each burger with a slice of Cheddar cheese, and let melt.
- Serve chicken burgers on the toasted ciabatta bread, topped with about 1 tablespoon of salsa and about 1 tablespoon of the reserved chopped cilantro.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 576 cal
- 17 g
- 60.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (28)Rate This Recipe
"DELICIOUS! Just a head's up... Guacamole seasoning mix is in the chip aisle. I had quite a time figuring that out. I didn't tell my DH that was in it. (I knew he wouldn't eat it, he's very picky!..." See more!!) He was ranting and raving about that this is something you would get at a restaurant. Make sure you get the ciabatta bread. It is worth the extra $. Also for those that complain about it being bland, try adding a bit more of the guacamole packet, try a different brand of the guacamole packet & add a bit more lime. The lime really pops the flavor! I've used a drier lime & could definitely tell the difference. An average lime yields 2 Tblsps juice. So now I always make sure I have a healthy Tblsp full of juice. We have made this recipe countless times. Getting ready to make again. :)"
"Loved these as did my family! The guacamole seasoning mix was very easy to find in my store with all of the Ortega and Old El Paso products....I believe my mix was Ortega brand (blue packet). I used ..." See morethe whole lime and also the zest from the lime, I did add some chili powder, cumin, dried corriander and some dried cilantro flakes to jazz this up. Mixture is definately "wet" due to the ground chicken, I added about 1/4 c of plain bread crumbs to bind and make this easier to make into 4 nice burgers. Another tip is to lightly wet your hands with water before u make the patties....prevents the mixture from sticking to your hands. I made these in advance and placed in the fridge until dinner and then I grilled them on my Cuisinart indoor grill/griddle. Perfect and very tasty. Thanks!"
"This recipe was a huge hit with my family. I was so totally surprised because my kids are so picky. I followed the recipe just as it was written, although next time I will probably use less cilantro. ..." See moreOnly because I am not a big fan of cilantro. And I did use regular hamburger buns instead of cibatta, only because I didn't have any on hand."
Greek Chicken Burgers with Feta
Buffalo Blue Cheese Chicken Burgers
Just swipe to see more like this.