Tasty Breakfast Burritos39 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 10 min
- Ready In: 40 min
“Baked tortillas, packed with sausage, cheese and eggs. Swimming in a hearty sausage gravy.” - by Kayse
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Place sausage in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings; set sausage aside. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Add the eggs and green chiles to the skillet; cook, stirring occasionally, until eggs are scrambled and set.
- Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking pan. Place the tortillas on a counter top or other clean surface. Cover each tortillas with portions on sausage, cheese and eggs. Roll up the tortillas and place them seam side down in the baking dish.
- Heat reserved sausage drippings in the skillet. Sprinkle on the flour and stir. Add milk, stirring constantly, until the gravy begins to thicken. Pour the gravy on top of the tortilla rolls.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes, until gravy is bubbly.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 754 cal
- 47.4 g
- 41.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (39)Rate This Recipe
"Very good, but I would leave off the gravy and add salsa...." See more"
"These are terrific! I added a bit of cumin and Chipotle pepper powder to the egg mixture, and some Tabasco to the gravy (we really like spicy stuff!) -- wow! I'm going to try this with bacon tomorro..." See morew, cooking it in the same fashion as the sausage. Great recipe..thanks!!"
"I wanted to do something different for breakfast, so I tried these. They were pretty good, but seemed to be missing a little something - maybe sauteed onions and green peppers would be good. I used th..." See moree "mexican mix" cheese (all I had) and that gave it a little kick. Also, the sausage gravy my mom makes is a lot tastier than this one. Hubby liked it okay. Alright for basic recipe. Will probably make again, but will tweak a little bit to suit our tastes."
New Mexico Green Chile Breakfast Burritos
Breakfast Casserole III
Just swipe to see more like this.