Swedish Pastry2 Reviews
- Prep: 25 min
- Cook: 55 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 20 min
“Airy pastry that everyone loves.” - by madrilena
Original recipe yields 20 servings
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Cut 1/2 cup butter into 1 cup flour with a knife or pastry blender in a bowl until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in 1/4 teaspoon butter extract. Add the water a tablespoon at a time, tossing with a fork, until the flour mixture is moistened. Press mixture onto the bottom of a 10x13-inch baking sheet.
- Bring 1 cup water, 1/2 cup butter, and 1/2 teaspoon butter extract to a boil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Remove from heat, then beat in 1 cup flour. Beat in eggs one at a time until blended. Stir in 1 teaspoon almond extract, and pour over crust.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, about 55 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix the confectioners' sugar, 1/2 teaspoon almond extract, 1/4 teaspoon butter extract, and 1 tablespoon milk in a bowl until smooth. Spread mixture over the hot pastry.
Amount Per Serving (20 total)
- 163 cal
- 10.1 g
- 15.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
"I've made this many times in the past with sliced almonds decorating the icing. It's been called almond puff pastry too. The only difference with this recipe is the addition of butter flavored extra..." See morect which sounds very nice. Love the recipe and it's always been a hit at get-togethers."
Blitz Puff Pastry
Wife Pastry (Lo Po Bang)
Just swipe to see more like this.