Tater Tot Taco Casserole121 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 1 hr
- Ready In: 1 hr 15 min
“Just what the grandkids ordered. Tater tots, Mexican food, and cheese! This is one of those meals that you can throw together with ingredients you would normally have on hand. Great for pot luck or a quick meal for unexpected company. Some kids don't like onion or garlic; these can be omitted.” - by Mama Smith
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat an oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Prepare a 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cook the ground beef in a skillet over medium heat until completely browned, 5 to 7 minutes. Add the onion, garlic, taco seasoning mix, frozen Mexican-style corn, and black beans to the ground beef; cook and stir another 10 minutes. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Combine the ground beef mixture in a large bowl with about 3/4 of the Mexican cheese blend and the tater tots; stir to combine.
- Pour about 1/3 of the enchilada sauce into the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Add the tater tot mixture to the baking dish; lightly pat the mixture down into a solid, even layer. Pour the remaining enchilada sauce over the tater tot layer.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes. Sprinkle the remaining Mexican cheese over the casserole and return to oven until the cheese is melted and bubbly, about 5 minutes more.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 477 cal
- 27 g
- 38.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (121)Rate This Recipe
"I have to write a review bc when I looked at this recipe I almost didnt make it bc at the time there was only one. :P But I made it anyway and I have to say it is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!!!!! I must make!! An..." See mored a new favorite for my family! My picky 3 yr old and my hubs LOVED it! Seriously delicious!! I did omit the garlic but im sure its just as good with it! And I added sour cream at the end.. with or without though.. its great!"
"I made this for dinner tonight and it was to die for! I added a can of green chiles to the meat mixture, and put tots on top at the end with the cheese. I broiled it for a few minutes to add a little ..." See morecrunch. We ate it with sour cream and hot sauce. It was sooo yummy. Next time I might add some tortilla chips on top too. What a great find!"
"This recipe was really good! I did a couple things differently...I used ground chicken instead of beef (because thats what I had thawed) I also used regular frozen corn because I couldn't find Mexican..." See more Style and I didnt put cheese in the dish because my husband doesn't like cheese. I just sprinkled some on top for me! :) This will definitely be made again, and I will thaw beef out next time to try it that way! Thanks for a great recipe!"
Tater Tot Taco Casserole
Savory Tater Tot Casserole
Just swipe to see more like this.