Apple Cider Glazed Doughnuts14 Reviews
- Prep: 35 min
- Cook: 15 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 50 min
“What could be better than homemade doughnuts? Fresh warm homemade doughnuts with cinnamon and an apple cider glaze!” - by Fleischmann’s®
Original recipe yields 15 doughnuts
- Combine 2 cups flour, undissolved yeast, sugar, salt and cinnamon in a large mixer bowl. Heat milk and butter to very warm (120 degrees to 130 degrees F). Add to flour mixture with egg yolks; beat for 2 minutes at low speed. Continue adding remaining flour, until soft dough forms.
- Knead on a lightly floured surface until smooth and elastic (about 4 to 6 minutes). Cover and let rest for 10 minutes. Roll out dough on a lightly floured counter into a 12-inch circle, about 1/2-inch thick. Using a 3-inch cookie or biscuit cutter, cut out as many rounds as possible. Cut out center with a 1-inch cookie cutter or poke hole through the center with finger. Place doughnuts about 2 to 3 inches apart on lightly greased or parchment lined baking sheet. Re-roll and cut remaining dough. Cover doughnuts and let rise for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Heat at least 2 inches of oil in a deep fryer or deep pan to 350 degrees F. Fry 2 to 3 doughnuts at a time, turning occasionally until well browned, about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from oil and drain on paper towels. Cool a few minutes, then transfer to wire rack. Drizzle with Apple Cider Glaze OR using tongs, dunk the doughnuts in the glaze. Serve warm.
- For Apple Cider Glaze: Boil apple cider in a small saucepan until reduced in half, about 7 to 10 minutes.
- Place powdered sugar in medium bowl. Whisk in hot cider and corn syrup until smooth.
Amount Per Serving (15 total)
- 293 cal
- 12.1 g
- 43 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (14)Rate This Recipe
"I made these this morning and they are FANTASTIC! I baked half, turning part way through to get some colour on each side. With the other half, I deep fried. Needless to say, they taste best fried, but..." See more are great baked as well. I dunked the warm doughnuts into the glaze, placed them onto a wire rack, then sprinkled a cinnamon-sugar mix on top. Also, I don't buy the packages of yeast; 1 package of yeast is equal to 2 1/4 teaspoons from a jar of quick rise yeast. Yum! Will definitely make these again!"
"I only used this recipe for the doughnut, not the apple cider glaze, but the doughnut was wonderful! The texture was very soft, a bit stretchy, and oh so good. I would love to make them again with a v..." See moreariety of different glaze flavors."
"These are amazing! The recipe is easy to follow and I followed it exactly. This is my first time making doughnuts and everything was so easy. My 3-year old helped me knead the dough which is very ea..." See moresy to work with. He also helped roll it out and cut out the doughnuts. I used a deep fryer which I set to the exact temperature. I dipped the doughnuts in the apple cider mix before setting them onto a wire rack. My son absolutely inhaled his and half of mine! Excellent, Excellent. THANKS! Will be making these again!"
Classic Cinnamon Rolls
1-Dish Taco Bake
Just swipe to see more like this.