Cherry Chocolate Shortbread Cookies8 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 50 min
“Shortbread cookies with chocolate chunks and dried cherries are drizzled with more chocolate in these irresistible treats.” - by Argo®
Original recipe yields 40 cookies
- Mix butter, sugar and almond extract thoroughly using an electric mixer. Gradually blend in flour and corn starch. Add cherries and chocolate.
- Form into 1-inch balls and place on ungreased baking sheets. Pour sugar on a small plate; dip bottom of drinking glass in sugar and gently press down on each cookie to flatten.
- Bake in a preheated 300 degrees F oven for 20 to 30 minutes, or until bottoms begin to brown.
- Cool 5 minutes; remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For Drizzle: Place 2 ounces chocolate and shortening in a small resealable freezer bag. Microwave on HIGH for about 30 seconds, until chocolate is melted. Snip off corner and drizzle over cookies.
Amount Per Serving (40 total)
- 96 cal
- 5.5 g
- 10.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (8)Rate This Recipe
"Easy, pretty, and delicious. I recommend, as always, baking on parchment paper for easy cleanup and no sticking. I made the recipe exactly as written. Quadrupled it, in fact, for a cookie exchange. On..." See morece you've mixed the butter, sugar, and extract well, it's easiest to mix in the dry ingredients by hand."
"Excellent! Normally I put cookie dough in the refrigerator in between batches but I do not recommend doing that with this recipe...." See more"
Harvest Pumpkin Cupcakes
Just swipe to see more like this.