Mediterranean Grilled Pizza1 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 8 min
- Ready In: 28 min
“Choose your favorite flavor of hummus for this tasty pizza.” - by Fleischmann’s®
Original recipe yields 8 (8-inch) pizzas
- Start charcoal fire or preheat gas grill to medium-high heat.
- Combine 2 cups flour, undissolved yeast, sugar and salt in a large bowl. Add very warm water and oil; mix until well blended, about 1 minute. Gradually add enough remaining flour to make a soft dough. Dough should form a ball and will be slightly sticky. Knead** on a floured surface, adding additional flour if necessary, until smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes. (If using RapidRise Yeast, let dough rest at this point for 10 minutes.)
- Divide dough into 8 portions. Pat or roll dough on a well-floured counter to about 8-inch circles; they do not need to be perfect.
- Using hands, lift each crust carefully and place on grill. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes until bottom is lightly browned and top looks set. Using long handled tongs, remove crust from grill, grilled side up, to a platter or baking sheet.
- Spread about 2 tablespoons hummus over the grilled side of each pizza crust. Top with 2 tablespoons asparagus, 1 tablespoon roasted red pepper, about 1 tablespoon goat cheese and a few pinenuts. Repeat with remaining pizzas.
- Carefully slide each pizza onto the grill. Cook an additional 3 to 4 minutes until bottom of crust is browned and cheese is melted. Remove from grill and serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 384 cal
- 15.8 g
- 50.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (1)Rate This Recipe
"Wonderfully simple and delicious. I did not use all the same toppings that this recipe calls for, but the bread is first rate for fire-grilled pizzas. I made my own hummus for the pizza as well as a..." See more tomato-base pizza sauce. I substituted AP flour and olive oil for whole wheat and apple sauce without sacrificing any texture or taste. My wife has asked me every day for the last week to make batches of the bread to freeze for future use."
Classic Cinnamon Rolls
1-Dish Chicken Parmesan
Just swipe to see more like this.