Traditional Lemon Meringue Pie27 Reviews
- Prep: 25 min
- Cook: 15 min
- Ready In: 3 hr 40 min
“Classic and always delicious, lemon meringue pie makes a refreshing and bright-flavored dessert.” - by Argo®
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Combine 1 cup sugar and corn starch in medium saucepan. Gradually stir in water until smooth. Stir in egg yolks.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly, and boil 1 minute. Remove from heat. Stir in lemon peel, lemon juice and butter.
- Spoon hot filling into pie crust.
- Beat egg whites in small bowl with mixer at high speed until foamy. Gradually beat in remaining 1/3 cup sugar; continue beating until stiff peaks form.
- Spread meringue evenly over hot filling, sealing to edge of crust.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until golden. Cool on wire rack at room temperature for 30 minutes; refrigerate for 3 hours before serving.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 298 cal
- 10.6 g
- 48.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (27)Rate This Recipe
"I have to say this was one darn good pie. Everyone loved it. However, the only down side was the Meringue, which is why it got 4.5 stars instead of 5. Next time I would use 4 egg whites for the Mer..." See moreingue. Other than that wouldn't change anything with this recipe."
"I made this pie and it probably would have been amazing; however, the pot I used reacted with the lemon juice and caused the filling to have a metallic taste. (Common reaction according to research) I..." See more had to throw the whole pie out! I would recommend a glass pot (Pyrex) to make this pie. I used stainless (do not use copper either) and it was awful."
"this is delicious! i love lemon meringue pie but had never figured out how tho make it before. i was about to make it and realized that i didn't have a lemon. so i used lemon juice in place of the lem..." See moreon peal. (1tbs lemon juice=1/2 tbs lemon peal) which would be 2 tbs of lemon juice."
Harvest Pumpkin Cupcakes
Just swipe to see more like this.