Caribbean Chicken with Pineapple-Cilantro Rice15 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 50 min
“For something a little more light and fun, but still pretty easy.” - by KyleeJo06
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Mix together the light brown sugar, 1 teaspoon of black pepper, thyme, cumin, 1 teaspoon of garlic salt, paprika, chili powder, and nutmeg in a bowl until thoroughly combined. Rub both sides of chicken breasts with the spice mixture, and place into a 9x9-inch baking dish. Sprinkle any remaining seasoning mix on top of chicken, if desired.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the chicken is lightly browned, no longer pink inside, and the juices run clear, about 30 minutes. An instant-read meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of a chicken breast should read at least 160 degrees F (70 degrees C).
- While chicken is baking, bring the rice and water to a boil in a saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the rice is tender, and the liquid has been absorbed, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Chop half the pineapple slices. Mix the chopped pineapple, cilantro, and olive oil into the cooked rice, and season to taste with a pinch or two of garlic salt and black pepper. Fluff the rice up with a fork, and transfer to a serving platter. Serve with the baked chicken, topped with remaining pineapple slices.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 367 cal
- 4.8 g
- 51 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (15)Rate This Recipe
"I cooked the rice in my rice cooker, substituting some of the water for the pineapple juice in the can to give the rice a sweeter flavor, so it required little to no salt. Also used chicken tenders be..." See morecause they cook up faster. 20 minutes and the whole meal was ready and delicious! Yum! :) Be aware... the chickens flavor is quite strong. My family liked it but I could see how it could be pretty strong for others."
"when you make add some pineapple juice for flavor and it is really good! and healthy my husband made me make it two nights in a row..." See more"
Mama's Asian Chicken and Rice
Easy and Delicious Chicken and Rice Casserole
Just swipe to see more like this.