Mushroom-Pesto Grilled Pizza3 Reviews
- Prep: 25 min
- Ready In: 25 min
“The secret to perfect grilled pizza is to grill the crust first, then add the toppings. Serve one slice as an appetizer or two with a salad for a simple supper.” - by Pillsbury® Pizza Crust
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Heat gas or charcoal grill for indirect cooking as directed by manufacturer.
- In 8-inch skillet, heat 3 teaspoons of the oil over medium-high heat. Cook mushrooms in oil 4 to 6 minutes, stirring frequently, until liquid is absorbed; season with salt and pepper, if desired. Set aside.
- Cut 18x12-inch sheet of heavy-duty foil; spray with cooking spray. Unroll dough; place on sprayed foil. Press out dough with hands to form 13x9-inch rectangle. Brush dough with remaining 1 teaspoon oil.
- Turn dough upside down onto grill rack and peel off foil. For two-burner gas grill, place on unheated side. For one-burner gas grill, place on grill over low heat. For charcoal grill, place over drip pan placed next to medium coals. Cook 3 to 5 minutes or until bottom of dough is golden brown. Turn dough; grill 1 to 2 minutes longer or until bottom is set.
- Carefully remove crust from grill and place on foil. Spread crust with pesto; top with mushrooms and cheese. Return pizza on foil to grill heated to medium. Cook 3 to 5 minutes or until crust is thoroughly cooked and cheese is melted. Top with basil, if desired.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 498 cal
- 25.2 g
- 50.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (3)Rate This Recipe
"Oh boy! this pizza was incredible! I made it using Easy Pesto recipe found on this site (two days prior)and used more like 2/3 of a cup instead, like a previous reviewer I sauteed 1/4 of an onion and ..." See morea large garlic clove in olive oil, I didn't have italian cheese blend so I used mozzarella, next time I will cut the pizza dough in 4 parts we have a gas grill and doesn't heat evenly our pizza got burned in some places, tonight i just tossed a green salad for an awesome healthy dinner.Try making your own pesto it's soooo worth it. Can't wait to make it again!"
"This was amazing. Someone used up our mushrooms (ahem wife... :) ) so I just sauteed onions and garlic in place of the mushrooms. Pretty awesome...." See more"
Canadian Bacon and Pineapple Pizza
Grilled Spinach and Mushroom Pizza
Just swipe to see more like this.