Puff Pastry Salmon Bundles11 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Ready In: 1 hr
“With a wonderful combination of Sockeye salmon, spring asparagus, egg, lemon, and fresh dill wrapped in a crisp blanket of puff pastry and drizzled with a lemony cream sauce you simply can't go wrong.” - by Lyndsay Wells, REAL WOMEN OF PHILADELPHIA
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray or cover with parchment paper.
- Blanch asparagus spears in boiling water for 3 minutes; drain and submerge in ice water to stop the cooking. Drain, then pat dry and cut into 1/4-inch pieces; place in a medium glass bowl.
- Mix in eggs, red onion, 2 Tbsp. dill, 1/2 the cream cheese (62 g), mayonnaise, mustard, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Cut pastry into 4 equal pieces; place 1 salmon fillet on the centre of each pastry piece. Season with salt and pepper. Top with egg mixture.
- Fold sides of pastry over salmon and press pastry together to seal the seam. Brush with egg wash. Place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees F and bake for 15 minutes more or until pastry is flaky and golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Meanwhile, bring broth, lemon zest, lemon juice and remaining dill to a simmering boil. Add remaining cream cheese and cook until melted, stirring constantly with whisk. Cook 10 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat until ready to serve.
- Serve salmon bundles topped with sauce.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 746 cal
- 51.1 g
- 32.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (11)Rate This Recipe
"Just a quick note... the low sodium beef broth is a typo. The recipe calls for low sodium chicken broth. Beef broth would just be weird :-) If anyone has accidentally made this with beef broth, I wou..." See moreld be very curious to know how it turned out!"
"I made these using the chicken broth as suggested and WOW! My sister in law was in town for dinner and I made this recipe for her and her family to rave reviews. Followed along exactly with no changes..." See more. The addition of the egg was incredible. This is a keeper."
Philadelphia(R) Dulce de Leche Cheesecake
Tomato Topped Cheese and Bean Dip
Just swipe to see more like this.