Rich Indulgence Chocolate Cakes1 Reviews
- Prep: 25 min
- Ready In: 55 min
“The best of two worlds collide as rich and delicious chocolate cake surrounds a delightful centre of smooth and creamy cheesecake. Drizzled in raspberry sauce and adorned with fresh raspberries and whipped cream, this dessert is purely ‘Rich Indulgence'.” - by Laurie Pearson, REAL WOMEN OF PHILADELPHIA
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and lightly spray 6 ramekins with cooking spray.
- Combine flour, 2 cups sugar, cocoa powder, salt and baking soda in a large bowl. Add 1/2 pkg. cream cheese (125 g), 2 eggs, whipping cream, coffee and vanilla; beat with mixer until smooth. With mixer running, add hot water slowly, mixing until batter is smooth. Set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, beat together remaining cream cheese, 2 eggs, 2/3 cup sugar and 1 tsp. vanilla extract until smooth.
- Fill prepared ramekins 1/3 full with chocolate cake batter. Fill a piping bag (fit with a large tip) with cream cheese mixture. Insert tip into the centre of batter in each cup; add cream cheese mixture to each ramekin until 2/3 full. (Do not overfill.) Slowly remove piping bag tip from centre of the cake and dab with chocolate cake batter to hide the white filling.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Remove from oven. Place 7 or 8 chocolate chips in the centre of each cake. Continue to bake for an additional 5 minutes. Remove from oven and let ramekins cool for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, blend thawed raspberries with the remaining sugar in a blender container until smooth.
- To serve, spread raspberry sauce onto 8 serving plates. Unmould cakes onto plates and garnish with fresh raspberries and whipped cream.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 799 cal
- 36.2 g
- 116 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (1)Rate This Recipe
"A great dessert for guests & upcoming holidays! Subs made: 1/2 C whipping cream for coffee (not a coffee drinker), also states serves 8, however called for 6 ramekins but didn't include size needed...." See more Since I only have four 7 oz ramekins I used my cupcake pan as well as an 8 x 8 cake pan! My husband & I both agree the best size for us were the ones made in the cupcake pan. I'll make these using the cupcake pan to send to my hubby's holiday feed at work!"
PHILLY Bavarian Apple Torte
PHILLY Chocolate Turtle Cheesecake
Just swipe to see more like this.