Charred Corn and Heirloom Tomato Steak Fajitas3 Reviews
- Prep: 4 min
- Cook: 6 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 10 min
“Enjoy this unique take on the fajita. An easy-to-make marinade, a few fresh ingredients and an affordable cut of meat and you've got a meal the whole family will enjoy.” - by Mission® Foods
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Combine garlic, jalapeno, cumin, cilantro, lime juice, sugar and oil in a mixing bowl. Whisk until well combine and transfer to a plastic gallon-size zip top bag, add flank steak and marinate under refrigeration for 1 to 4 hours.
- Assemble tomatoes, cheese, and lettuce leaves on a platter.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat and place 8-inch cast iron pan on directly on the grill or over side burner set to medium-high heat.
- Remove steak from marinade, pat dry and season with salt and pepper as desired. Grill steak for 6 to 8 minutes per side or to desired doneness. Remove and allow steak to rest 5 minutes before slicing into 1/2-inch thick slices.
- Meanwhile, coat preheated cast iron pan with non-stick spray. Add corn, red onion, and poblano peppers; saute for 6 to 8 minutes or until corn has nice char marks and peppers are tender crisp. At the same time, coat Mission® Artisan® Tortillas with non-stick spray and grill on each side no more than 30 seconds.
- Immediately place sliced steak on top of corn mixture in cast iron pan and serve sizzling hot.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 309 cal
- 14.6 g
- 33.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (3)Rate This Recipe
"This is a wonderful recipe! Easy to prepare. All the flavors are so delicious together. Add a little guacamole and it's perfection!..." See more"
"This was amazing. I do not have a grill so i used a non stick skillet to cook the meat. If you cannot find the Cotija cheese Parmesan cheese will work perfectly. The meat was tender and the flavors w..." See moreorked really well."
Roasted Corn and Heirloom Tomato Salad
Green and Red Tomato and Corn Soup
Just swipe to see more like this.