Egg and Hash Brown Casserole16 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 1 hr
- Ready In: 1 hr 20 min
“This is a wonderful breakfast casserole that will feed many. We have it every year for Christmas brunch. The family will not allow me to make anything else. I pair it with my French Toast Strata and everyone is full and happy. It's also very easy to increase the portion by putting it into a 9x13 dish and just adding extra ingredients.” - by ddelisle
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Toss the potatoes with the vegetable oil in a bowl until potatoes are well coated. Press the potatoes into a 10-inch pie pan to create a crust.
- Bake potatoes in the preheated oven until golden brown, about 30 minutes. Remove pan from oven, and reduce heat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- While the potatoes are baking, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and stir in the sausage. Cook and stir until the sausage is crumbly, evenly browned, and no longer pink. Drain and discard any excess grease. Combine the sausage with the eggs, mushrooms, pepperjack cheese, Swiss cheese, milk, 1 tablespoon parsley, garlic salt, and black pepper in a large bowl. Pour the egg mixture into the prepared potato crust.
- Bake in the oven until eggs are set, about 25 minutes. Arrange the tomato slices over the eggs and sprinkle the remaining 1 1/2 teaspoon parsley on top. Return to the oven and continue baking until the tomatoes soften, about 5 minutes more.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 386 cal
- 28.7 g
- 15.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (16)Rate This Recipe
"just made this recipe tonight and it is AMAZING! i followed the recipe almost exactly as written, but i only had a 9 1/2 inch pie pan, i upped the mushrooms (kind of on accident but i like it!) and co..." See morevered the top with tomatoes. also, at the very end, i put the broiler on just for a few minutes to finish off the tomatoes. i highly highly recommend this recipe and will definitely be doing it again very soon! YUM! thanks, ddelisle!"
"Made this for Thanksgiving brunch, I thought it was very good but everyone else liked another breakfast casserole that I made off here...." See more"
Cheesy Ham and Hash Brown Casserole
Hash Brown and Pork Chop Casserole
Just swipe to see more like this.