Citrus Shortbread Cookies15 Reviews
- Prep: 25 min
- Cook: 10 min
- Ready In: 4 hr 35 min
“This recipe was given to me by my mother-in-law, one of the best cooks I know...and given that we're from south Louisiana, that's saying something. With the chopped up dried cranberries, these are as pretty as they are tasty.” - by Donna
Original recipe yields 2 dozen
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl; set aside. Beat the butter and confectioners' sugar with an electric mixer in a large bowl until smooth. Stir in the vanilla and almond extracts and orange zest. Mix in the flour mixture until just incorporated. Fold in the cranberries; mixing just enough to evenly combine.
- Divide the dough into 2 equal portions, then roll into logs about 7 inches long. Wrap each log in wax paper or plastic wrap, and chill in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Remove wax paper, and cut the cookie dough into 1/2-inch slices. Arrange the slices on a baking sheet about 1 inch apart.
- Bake in the preheated oven until firm but not browned, about 10 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (24 total)
- 153 cal
- 7.8 g
- 20.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (15)Rate This Recipe
"This cookie is wonderful. I did not change a thing. It makes a perfectly tender shortbread. The citrus and cranberries take it to another level. These will be on my Christmas cookie trays during the h..." See moreolidays because they are such a beautiful and simple cookie. Thanks for sharing this gem :) BTW will be trying this with lemon or lime zest and dried blueberries too."
Brenda the Baker
"This recipe is a keeper. Made just the way it was told to make with the following exceptions: I used 2 tsp. of almond extract and 1/2 tsp of vanilla (just did the reverse of what the recipe called f..." See moreor) because I LOVE almond extract flavoring. The cookies turned out great, and I only chilled them for 2 hours, instead of 4. Good luck. They turned out great in appearance and taste great."
Chocolate Chip Shortbread Cookies II
Whipped Shortbread Cookies
Just swipe to see more like this.